- Remote working, with the option to work from home
- Travel opportunities (both interstate and international)
- Working closely with leaders in the specialty coffee industry
- Being part of a fast-growing, international team of specialists
- Are passionate about sales and high-quality products
- Are incredibly organised and detail-oriented
- Are educated to degree level (or have relevant experience)
- Are sociable, approachable and can network effectively
- Are seeking a permanent position with the potential for growth and development
- Are willing to travel across the USA to meet and engage with clients, and attend industry events when required
- Work to support the coffee roasting industry with a range of packaging products
- Believe in education, improvement and sustainability
- Are looking for to employ someone for the long-term
- Care more about your abilities and values than experience
Sales and Relationship Manager
MTPak Coffee provides specialised packaging services for coffee roasters, producers, and cafés all around the world – from concept and design to manufacturing, printing, and delivery.
We are looking for a Sales and Relationship Manager to join the MTPak Coffee team. The ideal candidate will believe in establishing and fostering relationships with clients, providing excellent customer support, and helping create better solutions for the specialty coffee industry.
This role is open to university graduates with sales and/or marketing experience, as well as those who have two or more years’ experience in the coffee industry and are looking for the next step in their career. Experience with and knowledge of coffee roasters in the USA is preferred.
For those candidates who don’t have formal professional experience or qualifications for working in sales, we still expect you to be self-motivated, highly organised, and passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
Our team is based across three continents, assisting clients with a range of sustainable and customised products. We collaborate to ensure that we are sharing up-to-date knowledge about products, shipping, and leads.
As this is a remote (full-time) position, the successful candidate will be able to manage their time, meetings, and visits with clients, and be willing to travel extensively across the USA (providing interstate travel is permitted).
We’re looking for someone who keeps meticulous records and reports, successfully follows sales leads, and is passionate about providing great products to coffee businesses.
As part of the sales team in a fast-growing company, you will:
- Work with our global team to share, market and sell our range of packaging products
- Be responsible for managing all of MTPak Coffee’s client relationships in the USA
- Be a point of contact for all North American clients
- Be detail-oriented and organised in your day-to-day work
- Managing and organizing your tasks is of key importance
- Communicate regularly with our offices and team across the world
- Receive and report on feedback and sales figures from clients regarding MTPak Coffee’s products
- Keep sales records and present regular reports, including regional insights and industry trends
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in sales (casual, part-time, or full-time)
- Knowledge of the specialty coffee industry, as well as coffee roasting companies
- Desire to grow and develop as a professional within a growing packaging business
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with other members of the business from all around the world
- A passion for sustainability, education, and creating a world of better coffee
- Knowledge of programs ideal for reporting (eg. Excel)
- Ability to travel across the USA with no restrictions
- University degree in:
- Sales, Marketing, Business, Management, Communications
- Two or more years of professional sales experience (casual, part-time, or full-time)
- Experience with coffee packaging
- Experience in Sales in the coffee industry
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
In 2016, Mark Zhou founded MTPak Coffee in Shanghai.
Inspired by the specialty coffee industry’s commitment to sustainability and innovation, his aim was to offer high-quality custom printed coffee bags made from recyclable, compostable, and biodegradable materials.
The following years saw MTPak Coffee’s international client portfolio expand with local representatives in Europe, North America, Australasia, Asia, and the Middle East.
In 2019 we further scaled our facilities and services. Today, we offer a complete range of coffee pouches and bags, along with drip filter coffee bags, packaging labels, takeaway cups, boxes, and more. We also offer a low minimum order quantity (MOQ) on both recyclable and traditional options.
Our services include an expert design team, high-quality flexographic and rotogravure printing, fast delivery, and more.
If you believe you are an ideal candidate for this role, please send your salary expectations and answers to the following three questions to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- What do you believe are the most important qualities for a Sales and Relationship Manager to have?
- What do you believe is the best way to measure success when working in sales and client relations?
- In your opinion, what are the most important features and qualities in packaging for roasted coffee beans?