Do you enjoy traveling around the country and around the world? Do you enjoy meeting new people, solving technical problems, and have experience in sales? If your answer is yes to all these questions then Sovda Technical Brand Ambassador may be the right job for you.
Meet the world’s top coffee roasters and most influential people in the coffee industry such as; Onyx Coffee Lab in the USA, Coffee Collective in Denmark, Tim Wendelboe in Norway, Rosso in Canada & La Tienda Del Barista in Argentina. Our customers include some of the most unique coffee roasteries, spanning across Asia, Russia, North America, South America, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. We are in 17 countries and counting.
About the job
Founded in 2017, Sovda is a fast-growing international supplier of specialty coffee roasting solutions. Starting with the industry’s most accessible optical sorting machine specifically designed for the needs of the most demanding coffee roasteries, Sovda has continued to bring industry-leading products to the global stage under the motto: “Better design, better coffee”.
And we are looking for someone who will be representing Sovda among our clients in North America. Someone who is both technically gifted and enjoys communicating with customers and making sales.
We believe that having a salesperson who is also the technician, is key to great customer service.
As a North America Technical Brand Ambassador, your role is to increase sales in your area (Canada & USA) and install, commission, and train your customer on the equipment to ensure after-sales service. You would engage with Sovda’s Standard Operating Procedures and company culture in a high support team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience repairing equipment
- Has experience in coffee
- Is friendly and passionate about customer service
- Enjoys the opportunity to travel
- Has great technical skills
- Great at communicating with customers and colleagues
- Has a growth mindset
- Good at training others
- Great at following systems and making them better
- Able to manage own schedule and get the job done
This person must be able to work on-site in Portland three to five days per week and travel to install sites up to fifteen days per month.
Compensation: $1000 fixed salary per month + sales commissions + flat fee for installations/commissioning. (state rules apply for minimum wage if commissions aren’t achieved for the month)
You can expect between 40k-60k in your first year depending on performance and your schedule
- Certification with SCI, CQI or SCA at cost after 6 months of seniority (including Q-grader)
- Health Insurance Plan
- 401K Plan
- Sovda matches 100% of employee contributions up to the first 6% of pay
- Sovda’s 401(k) is a Safe Harbor Plan.
- Vacation/Time Off
- Two weeks paid vacation per year
- 10 days Paid Time Off bank for sick days/time off
Success in this position:
- Engaged in meetings with the Sovda team and follow Sovda’s culture of accountability, overcommunication, team first, excellence and holistic health.
- Increase sales in North America (USA & Canada) following the Sovda sales process. Potentially taking over South America after one year with the company.
- Consistently improve the customer experience and efficiency for troubleshooting, installation, commissioning, training through creating content in the form of videos and documents.
- Improve our product by communicating clients’ requests with the RnD department
- Provide high quality and timely answers to the clients regarding after-sales technical support in order to increase their satisfaction over time
- Ensuring that the customer is confident on how to use and maintain our machines
Why work for Sovda?
After four years of existence, Sovda has established itself worldwide. We feel there is a large amount of untapped potential for the North American market and we are looking for a Technical Brand Ambassador to tap into that.
You will be an important part of this expansion in North America and you will join a dynamic, highly-motivated, and talented international team. This job is a great opportunity to be challenged and to grow your career. We value passion, teamwork, communication, agility, accountability, and a desire to learn new things. Join our team and be part of an exciting journey in making efficient and innovative solutions in the coffee industry.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this job please click here.