Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionise the centuries-old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Our mission is to enable and support relationships between coffee growers and roasters across the world with the help of intuitive technology, outstanding service, and expert knowledge. Through the Algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1,000 growers and roasters from all over the world and are growing fast.
As a Product Owner, you work at the beginning of the process of translating business needs and problems into scalable technical solutions. You are a facilitator, an investigator, and a fact checker; you reconcile, coordinate information gathering, and find gaps. You will work on various products targeting specialty coffee roasters, industrial roasters, as well as coffee producers. You work closely with the management team to define the product strategy. You lead the shape team (you and the business analyst: Agnete), and you collaborate with the engineers (Zmago, Pascal, Hassan, and Dan) and the designers (Eugenia and Jon).
Your main tasks will include:
- Creating and executing the product roadmap to reach the targets.
- Contributing to the product strategy, KPIs settings, and reporting.
- Leading the shape team: identifying researches to conduct, prioritization of features, etc.
- Create business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions.
- Gather inputs from internal and external stakeholders, as well as from your quantitative research and analysis, in order to identify and prioritize needs to be translated into simple solutions.
- Evaluate the following risks: value, usability, feasibility, and business viability.
- Define solution direction, and follow its implementation.
You are an objective thinker and doer who prioritizes value and results. You pay attention to small details and take a systematic approach to solving problems.
Additionally, your strength includes:
- Curiosity about people and problems: you want to learn about how users think, their goals, their tasks, and why they behave as they do.
- Friendliness: you like people, and they feel comfortable talking with you.
- Empathy: you truly understand people’s behavior, needs, and goals.
- Flexibility: you are willing to ditch the backlog and prioritize your work based on the newest insights
Your experience, background and skills:
- 2+ years of proven experience working with digital products as a PO, business analyst, or similar role.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to tell stories with data, educate effectively, and instill confidence, motivating stakeholders to act on recommendations and your product vision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet objectives and key deadlines.
- Strong organization, time management and task prioritization skills.
- Very good command of English (spoken and written).
- You are eligible for a working visa in Switzerland.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with user research and user testing.
- Experience with data analysis tools and scripts (Tableau, Mixpanel, SQL, Python, Hubspot, etc.)
- Experience with Agile Methodologies, in particular with Shape Up and team empowerment.
You are part of a diverse team made up of many cultural backgrounds and skills, united around a singular mission.
- We offer a flexible home office policy.
- For coworkers located in the Zürich office, we often get together for informal lunches, and – of course! – coffees.
- We’re dedicated, but know that you also have a life. That’s why we offer flexible working hours and 5 weeks of holidays.
- Our growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities.
We are a company aiming to enhance diversity and inclusivity at all levels. For this reason, we encourage all those meeting the job requirements to apply, regardless of gender, nationality, or other demographic indicators.
How to apply
We don’t believe in cover letters, instead we prepared a set of questions that will help us to get to know you better. Get ready with your CV, you will have to upload it in the last step of the application form: https://algranocoffee.typeform.com/to/JGDthG16