PDG Media is looking for an expert Senior Copywriter with experience in the coffee sector to join the team.
We are a global media agency operating in the coffee sector, and our clients include a number of leading coffee brands from around the world. As part of our work, we offer a range of creative services, from copywriting and social to web design and full rebrands.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an organised self-starter with extraordinary copywriting and copyediting skills and experience in/an understanding of the coffee sector. We’re looking for someone who is also comfortable managing deadlines across various channels and projects, as well as being able to provide feedback and support to other creative team members and copywriters.
We are offering this role on a permanent/full-time basis, and it will be fully remote. It is open to any native English speakers based across Europe (not just limited to Germany).
- Be a creator and an editor, writing and editing copy for our clients across a range of different formats (but primarily social)
- Be a brand guardian, making sure that content takes on the right voice and identity for the client and the platform in question
- Ensure content is rich, interesting, diverse, and creative
- Provide quality control for a huge range of content, from short-form social captions and video to long-form SEO copywriting (not editorial)
- Help clients to develop and hone their brand voice/identity where it is less defined (i.e. new platforms)
- Manage content delivery deadlines to make sure clients receive content on-time, and assist the Senior Account Manager to hone and improve internal systems and processes for delivering content
- Provide support and feedback to junior team members, both in terms of coffee expertise and written copy quality
- Liaise with the Senior Account Manager, pointing out areas for improvement in existing creative processes across the agency
- Action client feedback on content and pass on relevant comments to other content creators and account managers
- Reflect on external response to digital/social channels (i.e. commenters) and advise clients or other teams on how content could be adjusted or improved in line with that
- 4+ years of experience copywriting and copyediting for digital and social channels
- Good knowledge and understanding of the coffee sector
- Ability to edit and proofread without supervision, producing error-free content that will go to the client and be published on their platforms & channels
- Track record of learning, using, and building on brand style, making sure all content is in line with client’s brand voice
- Capacity to respond to client feedback and edits quickly and flawlessly
- Able to work to deadlines and manage your time while working with multiple internal stakeholders and teams
- Can deliver high-quality work at pace, working under time pressure and tight deadlines while still making sure content meets our (and our clients’) high standards
- Comfortable working with a high volume of content and ensuring all is edited to a high standard
- Experience providing feedback to junior team members and/or freelancers on copy and content quality
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Communications, Marketing, etc)
- Previous experience in the coffee sector (barista, roaster, media, etc)
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV, salary expectations in your local currency, and some previous examples of your work.