Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionise the centuries-old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Our mission is to enable and support relationships between coffee growers and roasters across the world with the help of intuitive technology, outstanding service, and expert knowledge. Through the Algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1,000 growers and roasters from all over the world and are growing fast.
As a sales manager, you will be the key point of contact between roasters and Algrano. Reporting into Tom Booth, Head of Sales Europe you will be in touch with producers and cooperatives, and promote their stories to a young quality-affine generation of coffee roasters in Europe. By building those relationships you change the supply chain of coffee and ultimately the living conditions of the people producing it. You will be part of a sales team of 6 people, and be involved with product, and coffee sourcing departments to provide the best solutions to your customers. This is a full-time position. It requires frequent trips in your target markets. Your tasks will include:
- Develop and maintain territory plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis.
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales.
- Increase platform feature adoption of existing customers.
- Interact with customers through phone calls, emails, trade shows, and visits to support in purchase planning and finding the right suppliers at origin
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
- Provide feedback to the management on market trends and opportunities to enhance the product and improve the company brand and reputation.
You love coffee. You are curious and naturally inquisitive. You enjoy learning and reading. You are outgoing and open-minded. Your friends appreciate you for your optimism and your empathy. Furthermore you are:
- Conscientious: you take your tasks seriously and feel deeply responsible for the results.
- Achievement-oriented: you are intrinsically motivated on achieving goals and continuously measure your performance in comparison to the goals.
- Persistent: You consider a No as another door opener.
- Technically affine and open for new ideas and changes
- Positive and outgoing – you see the best in everyone, are happy to start a conversation with a stranger, and are always respectful in all situations.
Your experience, background, and skills include:
- Language skills: You are a native English speaker, other languages are a bonus.
- Coffee know-how: You may not have direct experience in coffee, although this would be a bonus. You will be confident in talking about coffee and have the desire to learn more.
- Financial acumen: You are capable of developing a sales plan that produces effective results.
- Sales experience: You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a sales role and a proven track record in sales.
- Mobile: You are ready to travel within the UK and possibly Ireland as well as from time to time to Zurich, with the potential to also travel to origin countries. You have a driving license.
- People-focused: You have at least 3 years of experience talking to customers directly, either face to face or over the phone.
- You are part of a diverse team made of many cultural backgrounds and skills, united around a mission.
- We have a strong company culture: for coworkers located in the Zurich office, we eat lunch together and, of course, drink frequent coffee, we organize cultural lunches, afterworks, and company events/retreats.
- We are dedicated but know that you also have a life. That’s why we offer flexible working hours, home-office and 5 weeks of holidays on top of national holidays.
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities
- We participate and support further education/ training
How to apply