Based at: Greenville, South Carolina
Reports to: QC and Operations Coordinator, Benjamin Karski
Job type: Part-time, exempt from benefits (20 hours/week flexibility between [8:00AM – 5:00PM1M – F). Specific standing schedule to be determined.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
This position will assist the QC and Operations Coordinator in all aspects of quality control and fulfillment to document, organize, prepare, and support the operations of our sampling and Ally Open programs.
JOB OBJECTIVES AND DIMENSIONS:
Cupping, quality control, data and inventory record-keeping, receiving coffee, packaging, order preparation and fulfillment, and clean up
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Documentation and Record-keeping
1.1 Identify and document coffee samples from the time they are received.
1.2. Maintain accurate records of every coffee received and evaluated (Experience in Cropster a plus) 1.3. Maintain accurate quality information across platforms
2. Cupping and Quality Control
2.1. Observe, measure and record needed aspects of the coffee (color, moisture content, green coffee odor, sample roasting details/observations, and other information required).
2.2. Effectively sample roast to the established protocols for evaluation purposes.
2.3. Consistently maintain a high level of hygiene whenever coffee handling or tasting is involved 2.4. Set up cuppings (tastings) to standard in a routine or regimen for the Ally team.
2.5. Cup coffees, using agreed upon protocols and capturing results in Cropster.
2.6. Clean up cupping; Maintain complete cleanliness of cupping area, dishwasher, sink, grinders and sample library.
3. Packaging and Fulfillment
3.1. Receive coffees to repackage for sampling program
3.2. Monitor and report coffee sample inventory to avoid waste and losses
3.3. Maintain workspaces to a logical, high level of organization and cleanliness and observing safety protocols 3.4. Prepare and ship samples to customers in a timely and cost-efficient manner
3.5. Assist in packaging and fulfillment of Ally Open, as needed based on volume and priorities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to speak effectively with fellow team members
- Exceptional record-keeping, self-direction and motivation for organizing, computer proficiency
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Knowledge of coffee tasting and brewing. Experience in coffee production setting a plus (ex roasting, quality control)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more, and follow safe ergonomic practices
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-2 years of coffee industry experience desired
- 1-2 years of other relevant work experience
- High school diploma required
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line Quality Control and Fulfillment Assistant – Your Name