Contract: Permanent / Full-time
Location: Remote / Central America
- Thrive in a digital environment
- Are organised and detail-oriented
- Can write and edit confidently in English
- Are bilingual, speaking both English and Spanish
- Are based in Central America
- Can communicate effectively with other team members
- Are a natural writer and editor
- Are comfortable managing freelancers
- Are a global media agency with a high-level of expertise in the coffee sector
- Work with a number of leading coffee brands around the world
- Offer a range of services, from web design to full rebranding
We are looking for an experienced English-language editor to join our publishing team at PDG. This role will see the candidate use high-level editorial content and apply our deep-rooted coffee sector expertise to help brands connect with customers and develop a voice that resonates.
As the project that this concerns focuses largely Latin American culture, we’re looking for someone bilingual based in Central America. This candidate will join the team to edit and commission editorial content for a range of clients, manage freelancers, build content calendars, and support our wider publishing department.
This role is open to bilingual editors and writers who have strong command of the English language. Editorial experience is important, whether it’s part-time or full-time, and we are generally looking for candidates who have degree-level education in a relevant discipline.
Ultimately, the right candidate for this role will have editorial experience, a desire to work for a brand making a difference in the sector, the ability to work in a tight-knit, fast-moving team, and the capacity to grow as the team does.
As part of the publishing team, you will work with our Head of Contract Publishing closely, to:
- Edit and commission articles in English for a range of clients.
- Write briefs for a range of freelance writers.
- Edit and proofread other copy and content where required (including web copy, event descriptions, Instagram captions, FB posts, Tweets and so on).
- Work to specific content calendars, eventually managing them, and come up with article ideas
- Be detail-oriented and organised in your day-to-day work
- Manage and organise your own workload effectively
- Communicate regularly with in-house and freelance writers, editors, social media professionals, and designers
- Interview clients and other coffee supply chain stakeholders to learn about their experiences and thoughts
- Work in a team that spans multiple time zones
- Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- Strong written English (high-quality spelling and grammar are a must)
- Good editorial judgement and some experience writing or editing
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Desire to grow and develop as a professional within a fast-moving media & publishing business
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with writers, editors, and other members of the business from all around the world
- Professional editorial experience (freelance, part-time, or full-time)
- Experience editing content for social media
- Degree in a humanities discipline
- CMS experience (e.g. WordPress)
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV, writing examples, and your salary expectations.