Caravela Coffee is a team of over 200 hundred coffee professionals located in 11 different countries, with our own export operations in 7 Latin American countries and 4 import operations in Australia, North America, Taiwan, and the UK. Our goal is ‘To Make Coffee Better’ for all of those involved, from the communities where coffee is grown to the coffee drinkers, based on five main principles: quality, transparency, traceability, education, and sustainability.
WHAT WE DO
Unlike most green coffee traders out there, we don’t just buy and sell coffee for a living. We connect the most talented coffee growers and the most professional coffee roasters, developing true partnerships that lead to improved quality, profitability and sustainability for the entire coffee chain.
How we do it
We achieve this by working directly with over 4 thousand small and medium sized coffee farmers in 7 Latin American countries, constantly providing them with education, technical assistance and access to the world’s best coffee roasters around the World, paying premium prices for their best coffees. The results are a better coffee world, with growers and the communities where they live receiving increased incomes and a higher quality of life and coffee consumers drinking a better and more sustainable product.
Our model has been validated as a high impact model by BCorp since 2014, being the highest-rated coffee BCorp in the World. We have been named a ‘Best-For-the-World’ company by BLabs for five years in a row.
The Opportunity: North America Green Coffee Sales Representative
We are in the process of moving our North American headquarters to Houston where we plan to have a world-class facility conveniently located close to our customers and our origin operations in Latin America. We are looking for a North America Green Coffee Sales Representative to help us bring the best Latin American coffees to our North American customers.
You are a crucial member of the North American team, responsible for ensuring that our customers are always receiving the best tasting and most consistent coffees from Latin America. You are a driven team player and multitasker that can liaise with multiple origins and customers, as well as the local traffic& logistics team, without compromising quality and details. You are a curious person willing to learn constantly on the go and propose new value drivers. You will report directly to the North American Managing Director
- Build a complete understanding of the company’s products and business model
- Generate opportunities and or appointments and by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify and market our coffee to potential customers
- Use of strong selling and influencing skills to set up qualified opportunities
- Consistent use of sales approach and techniques
- Meet or exceed yearly sales targets
- Understand and communicate the entire product mix to customers
- Establish and develop close working relationships with coffee buying teams of customers, identifying customer profiles and preferences and communicate them clearly to our QA and origin teams
- Understand our customers’ needs and how we can help them achieve their goals
- Interact with our origin offices to develop new products and solutions for customers
- Have an active role in the curation and selection of coffees for our spot offerings
Marketing and Prospecting
- Work directly with marketing to discover opportunities from leads, and set opportunities or appointments from those leads
- Log, track and maintains prospect/customer contact and contact records
- Working closely with all sales functions, attend sales meetings, occasional training, host at local trade shows
- Represent Caravela in quality driven industry events, both in North America and abroad, such as CoE Competitions
- Strong passion for high quality coffee
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in an equivalent position as Sales Rep for a Green Coffee company
- Skilled cupper
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated
- Strong in-person, phone and written customer communication skills
- Very detail-oriented, meticulous and highly analytical
- Strong PC skills, including the use of Microsoft Office and cloud-based equivalents (e.g., Google Docs), as well as CRM systems
- Occasional travel required
- Spanish proficiency (reading, writing, speaking) is highly desirable
- We offer competitive compensation, based on experience
- Paid time off: 3 weeks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k, six months after initial employment
- Houston, Texas
Caravela is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on a person’s race, color, religion, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, medical condition including pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE USA
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by January 30th.