About the position
Growing international coffee social enterprise Gold Mountain Coffee Growers is seeking to hire a full-time, detail-oriented logistics/marketing officer to help with business operations and innovation in an entrepreneurial atmosphere. This position is located in Washington, DC and involves international and domestic travel to Nicaragua and specialty coffee events throughout the world (when it is safe to do so as the pandemic winds down). This individual must have full work authorization in the US. We seek to fight poverty through specialty coffee.
This person will achieve the following:
- Increase our customer base through marketing such that within two years we sell out of 80% of our coffee before it reaches the U.S.
- Increase our revenue from consulting to a set goal (set with the CEO) by 2021.
- Increase our social media presence, especially as pertains to coffee roasters, to a set goal (set with the CEO) within one year.
- Maintain a consistent response time to customers of 10 minutes. • Keep our accounting systems up to date at all times.
- Keep our logistics running smoothly in North America, including but not limited to inbound or outbound shipping.
Marketing responsibilities (innovate!):
- Create & carry out yearly communications plan, including:
- Online communications (social media, newsletters, renew website, etc).
- Strategic communications: news, radio, speaking events, etc.
- Create marketing swag (stickers, T-shirts… surprise us!).
- Organize tradeshow participation and other events.
- Engage in sales. • Revamp our website.
- Shipping: Import, ship, and export coffee, track inventory, and send coffee samples to customers.
- Finance: Contract, invoice, track payments, and manage expenses.
Marketing & design.
- Capable of utilizing online accounting systems.
- Invoicing and tracking payments while following up with customers.
- Tracking inventory with precision.
- Advanced use of Excel.
- Sales of coffee or other products.
- Very high-level of attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Helping the social enterprise innovate and remain cutting edge: take initiative!
- Ability to learn new technology very quickly.
- Extended-term commitment and desire to help the business grow.
- People skills for interacting with customers at trade show events and by phone/email, including past-due customers.
- Ability to design creative emails, graphics, signs and other documents.
- Writing skills.
- Coffee farming (experience in this particular area is not required, just enthusiasm).
Plus-factors but not required:
- Ability to speak and read Spanish fluently.
- Experience in the coffee industry and/or restaurant/food supply industry.
- Extensive experience with design.
- Experience with Quickbooks.
Healthcare, vacation, parking
How to apply
Please send resumes and a cover-letter explaining why you are interested in this position, and why you would be a good match, to [email protected] Also include writing samples and examples of design work you have done (examples: a digital flyer, social media post, an announcement for an event, etc). Include “Logistics/Marketing Officer” and your name in the subject. Please mention where you saw the listing.
Gold Mountain Coffee Growers, LLC connects coffee farmers in Nicaragua with roasters abroad. It obtains higher prices for producers while carrying out sustainable development projects in communities, including free computing classes for girls, microcredit, running water in schools, books in schools, and educational supplies.
As a result of her or his work, this person will become an expert on specialty coffee and will make a dramatically-positive impact in the world while having fun.