Caravela Coffee is a team of over 200 coffee professionals located in 11 different countries, with our own export operations in 7 Latin American countries and 4 import operations in Australia, North America, Taiwan and the UK. Our goal is ‘To Make Coffee Better’ for all of those involved, from the communities where coffee is grown to the coffee drinkers, based on five main principles: quality, transparency, traceability, education and sustainability.
What we do
Unlike most green coffee traders out there, we don’t just buy and sell coffee for a living. We connect the most talented coffee growers and the most professional coffee roasters, developing true partnerships that lead to improved quality, profitability and sustainability for the entire coffee chain.
How we do it
We achieve this by working directly with close to 4 thousand small and medium sized coffee farmers in 7 Latin American countries, constantly providing them with education, technical assistance and access to the world’s best coffee roasters around the World, paying premium prices for their best coffees. The results are a better coffee world, with growers and the communities where they live receiving increased incomes and a higher quality of life and coffee consumers drinking a better and more sustainable product.
Our model has been validated as a high impact model by BCorp since 2014, being the highest rated coffee BCorp in the World. We have been named a ‘Best-For-the-World’ company by BLabs for five years in a row.
We are increasing the size of our team in our North American headquarters Houston, TX. We are looking for a North America Junior Sales and Customer Support Representative based in Houston, TX to help us bring the best Latin American coffees to our North American customers.
You are an important member of the North American team and sometimes the first point of contact for our new customers. First impressions count! You will be responsible for the onboarding process of new customers while helping the sales team identify and prospect new leads accounts in their own regions. You will provide customer service to our customers so that they are always receiving the best tasting and most consistent coffees from Latin America. You are a driven team player and multitasker that can liaise with multiple customers, as well as the local quality and logistics team, without compromising quality and details. You are a curious person, willing to learn constantly on the go and propose new ideas.
- Assist new customers with their onboarding process and understanding that coffees they might need.
- Understand and communicate the entire product mix to transactional accounts.
- Have an active role in the curation and selection of coffees for our spot offerings
- Work together with the Sales Representative teams in order to understand the pain points of our transactional customers and work to solve them.
- Work together with our IT team to improve the functionalities of our different E-commerce and Customer Centric systems.
Green Coffee Sales
- Develop working relationships with coffee buying teams of customers, identifying customer profiles and preferences and communicate them clearly to our QA and origin teams when needed
- Generate opportunities and or appointments and by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management to qualify and market our coffee to potential customers
- Use of strong selling and influencing skills to set up qualified opportunities
- Work directly with marketing to discover opportunities from leads, and set opportunities or appointments from those leads
- Log, track and maintains prospect/customer contact and contact records
- Working closely with all sales functions, attend sales meetings, occasional training, host at local trade shows
- Represent Caravela in quality driven industry events, both in North America and abroad, such as CoE Competitions
- Passion for high quality coffee and sales
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- 1– 2 years’ experience in an equivalent position as Sales Rep preferable in a B2B industry.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated
- Strong in-person, phone and written customer communication skills
- Very detail-oriented, and meticulous and highly analytical
- Strong PC skills, including the use of Microsoft Office and cloud-based equivalents (e.g., Google Docs), as well as CRM systems
- Spanish proficiency (reading, writing, speaking) is highly desirable
- Experience in Coffee is desirable.
- Experience in e-commerce is desirable.
- We offer competitive compensation, based on experience
- Paid time off: 3 weeks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k, after six months after initial employment
- Opportunity to grow within the company
Caravela is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on a person’s race, color, religion, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, medical condition including pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Pease submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 24th 2021