Yorkdale Shopping Centre, Toronto, Canada
Danish Pastry House and Danish Coffee Roasters have partnered with Kontra Coffee in Copenhagen, Denmark to launch a micro-roastery, located in our new Yorkdale Shopping Centre store. Our Head Roaster will travel periodically to Copenhagen, Denmark to train and collaborate with our Kontra coffee team.
- Set up and monitor each roast, adjusting roaster settings as needed to ensure Kontra roasting quality standards.
- Prepare various coffee blends according to established Kontra Coffee established formulas.
- Work with Director of Coffee to schedule roasts and to ensure efficient production flow to meet inventory requirements for all 13 Danish Pastry House stores and wholesale clients.
- Follow good manufacturing practices, guidelines and Ontario Health and Safety standards.
- Conduct quality tests on all roasts as per Kontra coffee guidelines.
- Assist Director of Coffee with tastings and other public events.
- Transfer roasted coffee to appropriate bagging and grinding production stations to ensure efficient and smooth workflow.
- Prior experience roasting coffee in production or retail environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience in specialty coffee and at least 5 years of roasting experience
- Passion for cupping, tasting, and evaluating your work. Must have a strong ambition to increase your knowledge of coffee quality and tasting.
- Proven proficiency at following directions and established recipes.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends and evenings.
- Reliability and flexibility to meet production and roasting demands.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds or more, as well as bend, stoop and climb.
- Must be able to work in hot temperatures due to the heat of the roaster.
- Must wear mandatory personal protective equipment.
- Repetition or sequence of duties.
Experience roasting on a Loring S15 Falcon
Fantastic opportunity to join Danish Pastry House in launching a premium Danish Coffee Roastery in Toronto as well and collaborate with Kontra Coffee in Copenhagen, Denmark, which will include working with Danish award-winning Baristas and Roasters.
How to Apply
Please email [email protected] with a resume and a very brief cover letter.