Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionise the centuries-old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital.
Our mission is to enable and support relationships between coffee growers and roasters across the world with the help of intuitive technology, outstanding service, and expert knowledge. Through the Algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics.
Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1,000 growers and roasters from all over the world and are growing fast.
As Head of Green Coffee Quality, you are leading the quality team and all activities linked to green coffee quality management at Algrano and you incarnate and represent what top-tier coffee quality means at Algrano. You are responsible for Algrano’s coffee quality management system. This includes lab and samples management, green coffee quality analysis as well as internal and external consulting on green coffee quality. You directly collaborate with Michalina, Quality Lab Assistant as well as with the Sourcing, Sales, Logistics and Marketing teams. Your main tasks will include:
– Quality control: you are responsible for the evaluation of all coffees offered on the Algrano platform as well as the retention samples
– Quality promotion and consulting: you support the Sales and Sourcing teams with regards to quality. You are the central point of contact regarding the quality of the coffees on Algrano
– Team and lab management: you are responsible for your team wellbeing and you constantly make sure lab efficiencies keep up with the growth of coffees handled
– Project management: you lead projects to improve the quality management systems at Algrano
You are an experienced coffee professional and want to bring your career to the next level by leading all activities linked to coffee quality at Algrano.
Your strengths include:
– Green coffee quality: you are a recognized specialist in green coffee quality and thoroughly understand the needs of coffee roasters.
– Excellent organization: you are precise and details oriented and like to drive efficiencies through processes improvements
– Leadership and strategic thinking: you have a view on where green coffee quality is heading and are willing to contribute to the positioning of Algrano at the forefront of the industry in terms of quality.
– Self-management: you know how to prioritize your work in order to meet deadlines
Your experience, background, and skills:
– You are a licensed Q Arabica Grader or you can demonstrate a similar level of expertise
– Experience working in a coffee trading or coffee roasting environment with exposure to green coffee quality (QC, sourcing, roasting)
– Fluent in English, knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese is an advantage
– Eligible to work in Switzerland, you hold a CH/EU/EFTA passport, or you hold a B or C residence permit.
Bonus points for:
– Certified coffee trainer or experience training coffee professionals
– Experience working with commercial qualities
– Licensed Q Robusta grader
– You will be part of a growing and talented team, united around a mission
– Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities
– We’re dedicated but know that you also have a life. That’s why we offer flexible working hours, home office and 5 weeks of holidays
– We have a strong company culture: for coworkers located in the Zürich office, we eat lunch together and organize cultural lunches, afterworks, and company events/retreats
– You have unlimited access to the world’s best coffees in the office.
How to Apply
We don’t believe in cover letters, instead, we prepared a set of questions that will help us to get to know you better. Get ready with your CV, you will have to upload it in the last step of the application form. You can access the application form on our career page: https://www.algrano.com/en/careers/Head-Quality