About the position
Growing international coffee social enterprise Gold Mountain Coffee Growers is seeking to hire a full-time, detail-oriented finance/logistics officer to help with business operations and innovation in an entrepreneurial atmosphere. This position is located in Washington, DC, and may involve occasional travel. This individual must have full work authorization in the US.
We seek to fight poverty through specialty coffee. Gold Mountain Coffee Growers, LLC is a coffee farming group that connects its farmer members in Nicaragua with roasters abroad. It obtains higher prices for producers while carrying out sustainable development projects in communities.
As a result of her or his work, this person will make a dramatically positive impact.
This person will achieve the following:
- Keep our accounting systems up to date and correct at all times
- Keep our logistics running smoothly in North America, including but not limited to inbound or outbound shipping
- Maintain a consistent, cordial and optimal response time with customers
Finance and accounting:
- Contract customers
- Extensive use of Quickbooks Pro (online version)
- Invoice customers and track payments and overdues
- Reconcile payments from customers
- Reconcile expenses using proper categories, correct matches, etc
- Update inventory with precision in Excel and Quickbooks
- Verify payments through Intuit’s Merchant Services and bank records
- Run financial reports in Quickbooks and do comparisons in Excel to ensure proper accounting.
- Coordinate imports, exports and shipments of coffee (prior experience not necessary but you should be a quick learner and able to pay attention to details)
- Track inventory
- Track sample inventory
- Occasionally send coffee samples to customers
- Proofread colleagues’ work (financial and written)
Marketing responsibilities (innovate!) (occasional):
- Write exciting marketing emails about our inventory in a manner that brings our coffees to life for customers
- Create marketing swag (stickers, T-shirts… surprise us!)
- Help organize tradeshow participation and other events
- Use Photoshop, Canva and other programs to create marketing products • Simple video editing in Premiere or Rush
- You must be a Quickbooks expert
- Expert-level bookkeeping experience
- Experience with journal entries in Quickbooks
- Highly adept at utilizing online accounting systems
- Invoicing and tracking payments while following up with customers
- Tracking inventory with precision
- Advanced use of Excel, including formulas and pivot tables
- Very high level of attention to detail and very strong organizational skills • Comfort with numbers
- Ability to write professional documents (emails, product descriptions, etc) • Extended-term commitment and desire to help the business grow
- Ability/interest in designing creative emails, graphics, etc using templates and online platforms.
- Supply chain work
- Desire to jump in and assist with tasks in an entrepreneurial environment
Plus-factors but not required:
- Ability to speak and read Spanish fluently
- Experience in the coffee industry and/or restaurant/food supply industry • Experience with design
- Experience with video editing in Premiere, Rush, or other programs
How to submit your application
Please send your resume and a cover-letter explaining why you are interested in this position, and why you would be a good match, to email@example.com. Include writing samples. Include “Finance & Logistics Officer” and your name in the subject. Please mention where you saw the listing.