Remote, requires significant travel
Reporting to our president, based remotely; the Field Service Manager will be responsible for our field service team, project scheduling & planning, and in-field technical service. Our in-field service includes performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain coffee roasting production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
The incumbent will be a self-starter that will deliver the desired customer service experience. The goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability, propelling us into the future.
This position requires extensive travel.
Including, but not limited to the following:
- Travel to and from customer job site
- Making travel arrangements, including booking flights and hotels
- Managing technical service team
- Maintains rapport with customers by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; conducting tests; resolving; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, CRM files and other records
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential
- Document processes and procedures to add to training material
- Keep current with changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors
- Identify emerging markets, market shifts, and solicit cold leads
- Attend industry events, trade shows, and exhibit at tradeshows as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. .
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is full time, permanent, and hours of work and days are varied based on business needs – not to exceed 40 hours per week on average over a 6 week period. This position can transfer to a permanent, full time role.
Extensive travel is expected for this position. Travel is based on business needs, will fluctuate, and is coordinated by incumbent.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 1+ years of coffee roasting experience, preferred but not necessary
- Strong mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC is ideal
- Strong intrapersonal skills
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Proven field service experience
- Electronics Troubleshooting
- Equipment Maintenance
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- English literacy; other languages are an asset
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Technical degree or certification is an asset
- Ethical Conduct
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please email [email protected] with resume and very brief cover letter. Email should have the subject line: Usonian Systems Application