TYPICA is an online platform with a mission to create a sustainable specialty coffee industry. Due to climate change and unstable pricing, many small to medium-sized coffee producers opt to leave the industry. We want to give those producers a chance to be heard and to strengthen the producer and roaster relationship, which can help to motivate and encourage the continuous production of delicious high-quality coffee. We allow producers to set their own prices and we disclose all pricing to ensure transparency. We also focus on all roasters, big or small, by making it possible to trade from 1 bag(60kg) instead of containers.
Our service was originally started in Japan, but from October 2021, we’ve expanded our services to South Korea, Taiwan, UK, and Europe. Our HQ in Europe is in Amsterdam and we are looking to expand our Community Manager Team.
About the position
A Community Manager is a liaison between the organization and the clients. This means that as a Community Manager, you will be building meaningful relationships with passionate roasters around Europe to establish a roaster community as well as increase green coffee sales. This is done by contacting them via phone/email, meeting them in person, or organizing cupping events.
Long-term role: We are looking for someone who will work with us in Amsterdam for the first year. Then, we’d like for you to move to a city where you know the language of, so that you can become the key person for TYPICA in that country and build a stronger relationship with the local roasters.
Here are some specific examples of your responsibilities:
- Planning and executing your sales activity based on the team’s KPI
- Actively contributing ideas for our European strategy
- Contacting/visiting coffee roasters to expand the Roaster Community
- Working proactively with an open mindset. As we’ve just launched, there are many tasks that are completely new and challenging. You need a go-getter attitude and be open to tackling any challenges.
- Team-oriented and actively contribute to the team. Share your knowledge and ideas and your team will share their knowledge with you.
- (MANDATORY) English and +1 European language
- Working in Amsterdam for the first year and then moving to a European country of the language you speak
- Experience in Sales
- Experience in the coffee industry or knowledgable about coffee (barista, roasting, cupping, brewing, tasting, etc.)
- Great communication skills with small multicultural team
- Eager to learn, trustworthy, responsible, enthusiast and an outgoing personality
- Affinity with sustainability
- Marketing skills
How to apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV attached and the answer to the following questions:
- Do you know how to roast coffee? What is your experience with roasting?
- Have you done cupping before?
- How are your tasting skills and flavor descriptions?
- Are you comfortable with email/calling/zoom?
- In what capacity did you experience sales?