About Ascension Craft Coffee – https://ascension.coffee
At Ascension Coffee, we believe that we all have a basic human need for community, now more than ever. Coffee is a perfect forum for this. To that end, we continually strive to feature the best coffees from the best farms in the world. In this pursuit, we partner strategically with farmers who are experts in their craft and buy impactfully to ensure they are rewarded for their work. We are proud to showcase our coffees from farm to cup.
Our Coffee Training and Development Leader will be responsible for training our Barista team on proper extraction, steaming, and brewing methods. They will partner with the Managing Director of Ascension Coffee Roasters to develop comprehensive coffee program launches and work with the Director of Operations on full implementation at every café. In addition to training, this role is responsible for basic troubleshooting for all equipment, including but not limited to profiling espresso, dialing in grinders, changing burrs, etc. This individual must maintain the highest commitment to quality with a demonstrated collaborative approach.
- Possess a deep understanding of specialty coffee and tea.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to develop compelling training content
- Conduct weekly onsite training with baristas at all locations, identify challenges and opportunities for improvement, work with GMs to address and implement solutions
- Conduct regular quality checks and provide timely recaps to GM and Director of Operations
- Work with Managing Director to provide introductory coffee/equipment training for Wholesale accounts
- Lead seasonal menu development
- Monitor equipment health and status across all locations, provide basic technical support
- Seek to continually expand knowledge in specialty coffee, tea, and hospitality
- Inspire passion and interest in our coffee program across all stakeholders
- Coachable: able to receive and implement feedback quickly
- Approachable: able to forge strong interpersonal connections with folks of all skill levels.
- Culture: Participate in an inclusive and quality-focused culture, utilizing thoughtful communication as a guidepost for fellow team members, customers, and consumers.
- Specialty coffee experience required
- Reliable transportation, able to travel to all locations
- Able to work
- Good organizational skills, problem-solving ability, and intuitive resourcefulness
- Strong initiative and self-management skills, willing to take direction
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, ~8 hours each workday.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more and perform repetitive, range-of-motion activities
Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance Benefits, Paid Time Off
Dallas, Texas – multiple cafes
How to apply
To apply to this job position please drop an email resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org