Exciting opportunity to join a leading coffee roasting company in the North of England
Lincoln & York Limited is one of the UK’s leading coffee sourcing, roasting and packing specialists, serving as the coffee roaster of choice to many well-known brands in the out-of-home, foodservice, distributor and specialist retail markets. We have been named amongst the “1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain” by the London Stock Exchange, “Outstanding Company” by Plimsoll as well as achieving the number 1 position in the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2018. Our success to date has been driven by the great people who work here alongside continued investment in the business.
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Coffee Buyer to join Lincoln and York. Our coffee team is highly regarded within the industry for their expertise. At the forefront of the coffee industry within the UK, we are able to shape the coffee sector, with quality at the heart of what we do. We are looking for someone with a passion for coffee and the coffee industry to join the team.
The right person will:
– Have experience of coffee buying across a breadth of origins and certifications and in line with customer needs, budget expectations and ethical and purchasing policies
– Understand the commercial implications of buying decisions
– Thrive on building great relationships with suppliers, colleagues and customers
– Be detail focussed, ensuring that reporting and recording is completed accurately
– Be passionate about sustainability and ethical sourcing, with a desire to drive ongoing development
– Be an experienced cupper, who enjoys roasting and cupping numerous coffee samples on a daily basis
– Love talking to customers about coffee and enjoy getting involved in presentations, samples, cuppings and training sessions
-Be a go to person internally, with a proactive, inquisitive and confident approach, always acting with integrity and respect. The ability to communicate across all levels and influence decisions is essential.
Desirable, but not essential, would be:
– An understanding of buying and hedging strategies
– Q-grader certification
– Experience in delivering barista training sessions
Reporting into our Coffee Buying Manager, you will spend 80% of the time working at our roastery in North Lincolnshire. Due to Covid-19 business travel is currently limited, but regular national and international travel would ordinarily be expected.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] with the subject “Coffee Buyer role”