About the job
As our Championship Manager, you’ll be self-starting, tenacious, and hyper-organized.
In this key role, you’ll be the first point of contact for our hosts and competitors, and an enthusiastic and informed liaison for our sponsors. You’ll work closely with both the CEO and Creative Director on strategy, taking an active role in setting the direction of our company. You’ll then demonstrate resourcefulness and tenacity in bringing those plans into reality.
Working in a distributed team, you’ll balance the confidence to drive initiatives forward against the good sense to reach out for help when you need it. You’ll have a systematic approach and will prioritise tasks efficiently. You’ll switch gears when required, and will adapt as the course changes.
You’ll communicate clearly and intentionally with stakeholders from all across the world, as well as with your colleagues. You’ll love getting details right, and will be enthusiastic about utilising tech solutions effectively.
- Managing the hosting application process from start to finish, maintaining and updating hosting entries in our Asana-base CRM
- Prospecting for and engaging with potential hosts, sponsors, or other commercial partners
- Triaging and responding to enquiries from event hosts, competitors, and merchandise customers
- Collecting and collating results, photography, and recipes from completed events
- Liaising with suppliers and designers on sourcing, production, and distribution of various products
- Actively managing relationships with sponsors and media partners, ensuring obligations are met on both sides
- Taking an active role in the delivery of our in-person events, liaising with event contractors, venues, suppliers, and other parties
- Traveling to the World Final host city to help deliver the event
- Conducting occasional, project-specific research tasks
- Managing the interests of a variety of stakeholders
- Helping to initiate and then deliver creative projects
- Utilising tech solutions to streamline operating processes
- Prioritising tasks for optimum outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills
- Basic bookkeeping and financial processes
- Excel, Numbers or Google Sheets
- Asana or similar
- Xero or similar
- Shopify or similar
- MailChimp, Klaivyo or similar
- Work remotely
- Opportunities to travel
How to apply
Apply at: https://www.worldaeropresschampionship.com/jobs – Applications close February 28, 2022.