Red Fox Coffee Merchants is devoted to building equitable and resilient supply chains that give coffee farmers a voice in the marketplace, while increasing value for roasters by delivering a unique diversity of high-quality coffees.
About the position
We are seeking a full-time, highly motivated Bookkeeper, with experience in AR, AP, general ledger, and financial account reconciliations, interested in making a big difference on our small but growing coffee sourcing team. The bookkeeper will be responsible for recording transactions and maintaining financial records for Red Fox, including the accurate and timely processing of AR and AP.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work efficiently with a growing team in multiple locations.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software including QuickBooks Online, Expensify, G Suite, Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with Airtable is a plus.
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Full vaccination required.
- Enter vendor invoices
- Prepare weekly AP reports to manage bill payments in a timely manner
- Complete credit requests from vendors
- Answer other AP inquiries from vendors
- Prepare statements for customers monthly or as requested
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly, sending weekly invoice reminders, preparing overdue A/R report to share with sales team, and pursuing overdue payments if requested
- Follow up with customers regarding bounced checks or returned deposits
- Process and communicate with customers about credit memos or overpayments and ensure they are applied correctly
- Review credit applications from customers and make recommendations for payment terms
- Answer AR inquiries from customers
- Update financial records and bank transactions daily
- Record check payments and make check deposits
- Maintain accurate inventory records in Quickbooks and reconcile monthly with coffee position
- Record Fixed Assets
- Request and review monthly expense reports via Expensify, reimburse employees for expenditures, and track petty cash dispersal
- Record and reconcile monthly expenses from Red Fox Sourcing Company
- Perform month and year end close processes, assist with timely preparation of monthly financial reports
- Prepare quarterly BOE sales tax returns
- Prepare local tax payments, such as business taxes, as necessary
- Prepare federal and state payroll tax returns and process payments
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Provide other clerical and administrative support to management as requested
Benefits include Paid Time Off, Health Insurance Premium Reimbursement, and 401k Matching
How to apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com