Do you love coffee and creativity? At Normal Coffee, we see and savor coffee and food as art. And we’re seeking creative and considerate people to help us serve visitors to our one-of-a-kind shop located inside the Tube Factory contemporary art museum and nonprofit community space in the Garfield Park neighborhood.
In this job, you’ll prepare coffee drinks and fancy toast in our fairly simple setup. You’ll greet visitors and share a little about our art exhibitions that feature local, national, and international artists. And you’ll help us keep the place comfortable, clean, and stocked up as you expand your knowledge of food and beverage quality controls, preparation methods, and presentation. Working in a very collaborative environment, you may also support special programs at the space like night markets, pop-up food partnerships, and First Friday art openings.
- Barista experience
- Customer service
- Menu development
- Creative problem solving
- Public programming
- $ 16/hr plus tips
- Employee discount
- Prepares and serves a variety of coffee drinks, along with limited food options like toast.
- Communicates the mission, values, and history of Tube Factory artspace and Big Car Collaborative (the overarching nonprofit organization).
- Promoting current and future exhibitions/events to visitors.
- Caring for Normal Coffee and Tube Factory facilities by cleaning, organizing.
- Monitoring the galleries.
- Daily social media posting.
- Keep an updated calendar and to-do list, noting new work requests right away, and maintain an accurate cashless experience.
Indianapolis, IN – USA
How to Apply
E-mail us your CV at email@example.com