Mr. Espresso, Specialty Coffee Roaster in Oakland, California, specializing in Italian espresso and coffees for contemporary tastes, is searching for a passionate, talented, and motivated individual to join our team as Director of Coffee.
- Mastering the art Oak Wood Roasting.
- Quality Control: manage coffee quality control functions and initiatives for consistency and continual improvement
- Cupping and Tasting: regular cupping and tasting which includes green sample evaluation, production roast evaluation, blend optimization, staff and customer education.
- Blend Development: work with roaster to develop and maintain blends
- Roast Profile Development: work with roaster to develop and maintain roast profiles
- Green Coffee Purchasing: help secure and build long term relationships with coffee producers and importers with a focus on quality and sustainability
- Curation of Coffee Offering: help manage current coffee offering, optimizing breadth of current selection while identifying opportunities for improvement
- Public Relations– participate in Marketing & PR efforts aimed towards promoting current and new coffees, with goal of building awareness and driving sales
Desired Experience, Skills, and Traits
- Minimum 7 years working in specialty coffee industry
- Minimum 5 years coffee roasting experience
- Extensive knowledge of different coffee brewing methods
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mechanical and technological skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Passionate, driven, independent, loyal, flexible, hard working, patient
- Health and detal
How to apply
E-mail to email@example.com ATTN: Luigi Di Ruocco